Schapiro Hall houses mostly juniors and seniors in singles, as well as some sophomores in doubles.
Building Fast Facts
- Upper floors have expansive views of the city
- Sky lounge on the 17th floor has beautiful views of the Hudson
- Music practice rooms in basement
- Faculty-in-residence: Samuel Roberts, Associate Professor of History and of Sociomedical Sciences
- Outdoor courtyard space is available to residences year-round
- Stephen Donaldson Lounge on the first floor
Room Selection 2022 Data
Room Selection 2022 data shows that the students who selected into this building were 64% juniors, 29% sophomores, and 7% seniors.
- 74% of students who selected into this building participated as part of a group.
- 13% were in mixed-point groups with an average point value of 29*
- 2% were in rising seniors groups
- 55% were in rising juniors groups
- 29% were rising sophomores groups
- Rising sophomores primarily chose into doubles
*This point value is adjusted to reflect the changes in point value effective for AY 23-24 Room Selection.
Please keep in mind that class make-up in each building varies year to year based on student preferences. This should not be used as predictive data for the upcoming academic year.
- Housing Rate:
- Upperclass Rate
- Entrance Location:
- 605 W. 115th Street
- Number of Residential Floors:
- Single/Double Rooms:
- 245 singles / 85 doubles
- Air Conditioning:
- Bathroom Style:
- Shared, gendered bathrooms are available on each floor.
A single-use, gender inclusive ADA bathroom is available on floors 2 through 9.
- Cleaning Responsibility & Schedule:
- Bathrooms: Daily, Monday - Friday, by Facilities
Kitchens: Daily, Monday - Friday, by Facilities
Trash & Recycling: Residents are responsible for disposing their waste in the trash chutes (small bags of trash) by the elevator or the bins (larger items and recycling) in the lounges
- Hard surface
- All rooms are furnished
- Type of Room Lock:
- CUID Swipe Access
- Bike Storage:
- Not available. See the list of bike storage locations in our residence halls.
- Clothing Donation Bin:
- Located in the lobby
- Computer Lab & Print Station:
- Computer lab is available on ground floor. Print station is not available. See the list of computer labs and print stations in our residence halls.
- Fitness Room:
- Not available. See the list of fitness center locations in our residence halls.
- One shared kitchen lounge on each floor. Kitchens do not have a fridge.
- Free laundry facility in basement
- Kitchen lounge with cable TV on each floor
Building lounge on ground floor
Sky lounge on 17th floor
What former residents say:
“Schapiro is equipped with excellent amenities – carpet flooring in the hallways, a common lounge, a kitchen, adequate bathrooms, music rooms, and of course the sky lounge! Schapiro had a lovely off-campus feel for me, which was a good break from the intensities of on-campus first-year living.”