Visiting Student Housing
Visiting students may apply for Housing but assignments are not guaranteed and will depend on Housing availability.
- Visiting Columbia College students are eligible only for Spring Term Housing.
- Visiting School of Professional Studies Arts & Sciences students are eligible only for Summer Term Housing.
Visiting Columbia College students are eligible only for Spring Term Housing.
Learn more about the Visiting Student Program at Columbia.
Apply through the Housing Portal
Students interested in living on campus must submit an application to be considered for housing. The housing application opens in November.
- Guaranteed populations (e.g., students returning from study abroad and approved leaves) will be emailed regarding when the application opens.
- Non-guaranteed students will need to email [email protected] to request access to the Housing Portal.
- Newly admitted exchange and visiting students: applications are due December 15.
- Students readmitted from leaves of absence: applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Confirmation & Assignment Notice
In December, students will be notified about the status of their application. Housing is not guaranteed and is subject to availability.
If a student is given an assignment, they will be housed with their class in an upperclass residence hall. Assignments are based on building preference when possible, with applications processed on a rolling basis.
Room assignments will be shared in early January, and Check-In will be held before the start of spring term.
Visiting School of Professional Studies Arts & Sciences students are eligible only for Summer Term Housing.
Information about the process and timeline will be posted in the spring.