Combined Plan AY 2024-25 Room Selection Lottery
As communicated during the admissions process, housing is not guaranteed for Combined Plan (CP) students beyond the first program year. Next year we expect to house 74 CP students. A lottery will be conducted to determine which CP students will be able to participate in Room Selection and live on campus for Academic Year 24-25. CP students are only eligible to participate in the lottery if they lived in Columbia Housing for AY 23-24.
You must participate in the Combined Plan lottery in order to qualify for Room Selection. If you do not participate in the Combined Plan lottery, you will not be able to participate in Room Selection.
Submit a Combined Plan Lottery Application to Participate
CP students must complete the Combined Plan Lottery Application between 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, November 15 and 4:00 p.m. Friday, November 17. You will receive an email tomorrow with the application link.
How the Lottery Works
- CP students can only apply as individuals. Only one application is permitted per student.
- Students that enter the lottery as an individual will receive one lottery number.
- The Combined Plan lottery selections will be made on Monday, November 20 at 12:00 p.m. via a random lottery selection generator. You will be notified with the results by end of day on November 20.
Students Selected in the Lottery
Students who are selected in the lottery will be able to participate in Room Selection this spring and will receive further instructions via email.
Students Not Selected in the Lottery
Students who are not selected to participate in Room Selection have two options:
- Apply for housing as a Returning Non-Guaranteed student. The application will be available beginning June 1, 2024. Non-guaranteed students may be assigned as space becomes available by late August, but housing is not guaranteed.
- Move off-campus. One resource to assist in locating off-campus housing is Columbia Residential’s Off-Campus Housing Marketplace.
If you have any questions, contact our team at [email protected] or call 212-854-2946.