- Non-seniors: within 24 hours your last exam or by 12 p.m. noon on May 13
- Graduating seniors: no later than 12 p.m. noon on May 18
- RAs: no later than 12 p.m. noon on May 19
- Extensions are not permitted. Fees are assessed for late Check-Out.
- Complete online maintenance requests to resolve issues in your room.
- Pack and remove all personal belongings from your room, kitchen, and common areas: double-check drawers, closets, and corners carefully. Items left behind in the room will be discarded.
- Do not leave personal belongings in the hallway unattended.
- Remove all trash to designated locations (locations provided below.) Trash bags are available from your RA if you need them. Trash chutes are closed starting May 2 so please bring your garbage to the designated areas.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum your room, suite, kitchens, and common areas, where applicable.
- Remove message boards, door tags, posters, and tape from your door(s) and walls.
- Close and lock your door and windows.
- Use Web Check-Out in the Housing Portal.
- Notify your RA that you have checked out.
- If you have any questions, consult the Check-Out procedures outlined in the Guide to Living or contact the Hospitality Desk by email at [email protected] or phone at 212-854-2779.
Each student is allowed to have two guests to assist with their Check-Out. Guests must comply with the University's vaccination policy and should be prepared to show vaccine documentation.
Storage and Shipping
If you need help packing, and/or need to have your belongings stored for the summer months or shipped to you, please refer to the storage page in the Guide to Living.
Special Access During Check-Out
To facilitate Check-Out, the East Campus B3 Level Entrance and Amsterdam Avenue via the Hartley-Wallach Gate will be accessible to residents. Dates and times that these entrances will be open will be posted here when available.
Bins may be borrowed for 2 hours at a time and should be returned to the location from which they were rented. Please consult the Guide to Living for complete policy information concerning moving bins. Bin rental locations will be posted when available.
Residents are financially responsible for any damages, missing items, or unsatisfactory conditions in their room. Review the Damage/Vandalism section of the Guide to Living for additional information and a listing of all damage charges. Damage charges are assessed based on inspections carried out by Resident Advisers and an evaluation of the state of the room or suite relative to the Room Condition Report (RCR) completed by student(s) at the beginning of the residency period.
Trash Disposal Areas
Starting the first week of May, trash chutes will be closed. An exact date will be provided closer to Check-Out. Please bring your trash to the floor lounge for collection.
Residents of EC townhouses should bring their trash to the EC courtyard.
Donation collection points will be posted when available.