Check-out dates for the current academic year can be found in the Housing Calendar.
Check-out will be within 24 hours of a student's final exam or by 12 noon on the published Check-Out date, whichever is earlier. The room must be left in the same condition as it was received; any damaged or missing items will be billed to the resident. Belongings left behind in rooms after the occupancy period shall be deemed abandoned and may be disposed of by the University. Students may be charged for additional cleaning required or for the removal of abandoned or damaged property.
Check-Out related fees and charges include, but are not limited to:
- $15 for each unreturned hard key and $50 for lock changes
- $100 for the first hour after the scheduled Check-Out time and $50 for each additional hour. This includes late Check-Out via the Housing Portal Web Check-Out.
- Charges for additional cleaning, if required
- Charges for replacing or repairing missing or damaged furnishings, fixtures, or appliances
- Charges for removal of abandoned or damaged property
- Charges for any conditions not recorded in the original WIR.
All fees will be charged to the resident’s student account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Hartley Hospitality Desk.
A resident will be recorded as having checked out only after completing the following:
- Complete online maintenance requests to resolve issues in your room.
- Pack and remove all personal belongings from your room, kitchen, and common areas: double-check drawers, closets, and corners carefully. Items left behind in the room will be discarded.
- Remove all trash to designated locations.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum your room, suite, kitchens, and common areas, where applicable.
- Remove message boards, door tags, posters, and tape from your door(s) and walls.
- Close and lock your door and windows.
- Use Web Check-Out in the Housing Portal.
- Notify your RA that you have checked out.