Check-out dates can be found in the Housing Calendar.
Check-out for non-senior students will be within 24 hours of their last final exam or by 12 p.m. noon on the published Check-Out date, whichever is earlier. Graduating seniors must check out by 12 p.m. the day after commencement.
The room must be left in the same condition as it was received; any damaged or missing items will be billed to the resident. Belongings left behind in common and shared areas between non-senior check-out and senior check-out are at risk of being discarded. Graduating seniors, please note and be extra diligent: all your belongings need to remain in your assigned space. Facilities is tasked with cleaning all common areas and unoccupied rooms in a very abbreviated time frame in preparation for summer housing.
Check-Out related fees and charges may include, but are not limited to:
- $15 for each unreturned hard key and $50 for lock changes
- Daily rate for occupancy, including items being left behind in the room, suite, or hall, after scheduled Check-Out time.
- Charges for additional cleaning, if required
- Charges for replacing or repairing missing or damaged furnishings, fixtures, or appliances
- Charges for removal of abandoned or damaged property
- Charges for any conditions not recorded in the original Room Condition Report.
All fees will be charged to the resident’s student account.
If you have any questions, please contact the Hartley Hospitality Desk.
A resident will be recorded as having checked out only after completing the following:
- Complete online maintenance requests to resolve issues in your room.
- Pack and remove all personal belongings from your room, kitchen, and common areas: double-check drawers, closets, and corners carefully. Items left behind in the room will be discarded. If you use trash bags to pack your belongings, please label them with your name, UNI, and room number and do not leave them unattended or place them in an area adjacent to trash collection.
- Do not leave personal belongings in the suite or corridor-style building hallways unattended.
- Remove all trash to designated locations.
- Clean and sweep/vacuum your room, suite, kitchens, and common areas, where applicable.
- Remove message boards, door tags, posters, and tape from your door(s) and walls.
- Close and lock your door and windows.
- Use Web Check-Out in the Housing Portal. You may complete Web Check-Out at any point before the Check-Out deadline. If you have issues accessing the Portal around the deadline, please refresh your browser and try again before contacting Columbia Housing.
- Notify your RA that you have checked out.