Apply for Fall Interim 2023 Housing
Fall Interim Housing bridges the gap between the end of Summer Session II and the academic year and lasts from August 11 – September 1.
Please note that if you currently reside in Summer Housing at Columbia but will reside in Barnard Housing during the fall, you must apply for Fall Interim through Barnard.
- To maintain eligibility for Fall Interim, you must reside in Columbia Housing for the entire Summer Session II and be a Columbia or Barnard student registered to live in Columbia Housing for the fall.
- You must be on-site and able to move on August 18 to your permanent fall assignment.
- You will no longer be eligible for Fall Interim Housing if you cancel Summer Session II or Fall 2023 Housing.
- The rate is $1,260 and will be billed to your student account on July 28.
- If an on-campus group will be sponsoring your Fall Interim housing, your sponsor is responsible for contacting Columbia Housing. You will not be billed, but you must complete the Fall Interim step of your Summer Housing application on the Housing Portal.
- If you are sponsored for Early Arrival and wish to stay on campus from DATE until your sponsored Early Arrival date, you must apply for Fall Interim and you will only be billed for the dates that the sponsor does not cover.
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through Friday, July 28. There will be no exceptions to the deadline. To apply, log into your summer housing application in the Housing Portal and select “Fall Interim Housing” from the top.
Students will move out of their Summer Housing assignments on August 18. We make every effort to place students into their fall assignments during the Interim period. However, please be advised that you may be required to move to a temporary assignment if your fall room assignment is not ready.
You will be notified of your Interim Housing assignment and Check-In procedures via email before August 12. If you are required to move to a temporary assignment, you will receive a secondary move date in that email.
You may cancel your application without a fee through July 27. On July 28, your student account will be billed the full interim rate. No refunds will be available after July 28.
Terms & Conditions
- Please remember that by signing up for Fall Interim housing, you agree to the terms and conditions set forth in this email, as well as those in the Terms and Conditions of Residence.
- You may not leave any personal items in the common areas of your interim assignment. This includes kitchens, bathrooms, and suite spaces. Columbia Housing will not be responsible for any belongings left in these spaces or unattended.
- Overnight guests are not allowed during the interim period.
If you have any questions regarding Fall Interim, please email [email protected].