Maintenance and custodial requests for all Columbia Housing residence halls and brownstones are managed by Columbia University Facilities and Operations.
Service Requests for maintenance or custodial work in Columbia Housing Undergraduate residence halls and brownstones must be submitted to Facilities and Operations.
Residents should submit a Service Request online. When a Service Request is placed, a Work Order (WO) number and Service Request (SR) number are produced. Housing recommends that students retain the WO and SR numbers for reference. Emergency requests should not be submitted online.
How to Create a Service Request
- Visit the Housing homepage and select “Service Request” or click on the "Service Request" button in the sidebar
- Login with you UNI
- Select your building and room details
- Describe your issue
- TIP: Keep your WO# and SR# for reference
- Most requests are resolved within 72 hours but may take up to 14 business days
- If an issue is not resolved within 14 business days, open a Delayed Service Request Ticket
- Contact the Hartley Hospitality Desk if you have trouble placing the Service Request online.
To report a service emergency, please contact the Facilities and Operations Call Center at 212-854-2222. Do not place emergency requests online as this will delay the response. If Facilities and Operations cannot be reached, please contact Public Safety at 212-854-5555.
The following situations are considered emergencies:
- Window cannot close
- Room door malfunction: cannot be secured or will not open
- Floods/major leaks
- No light in room and temporary light is unavailable
- Power failure
- Stolen keys
- Clogged or overflowing toilet
- No heat
- The smell of gas