Columbia University ID Card


All currently enrolled students are issued Columbia University ID (CUID) cards. 


Residents are required to carry their CUID to enter the residence halls. Students are prohibited from using a CUID that is not their own or lending their CUID to another person. Students must present their CUID upon request by University officials.

Replacement Procedure

In the event that a CC or SEAS resident of Columbia Housing loses or damages their CUID, they should report to the Hartley Hospitality Desk. The Hartley Hospitality Desk can print and re-encode residents’ CUIDs with housing access, dining plans, and flex balances. The ID Center can also print CUIDs. However, IDs printed through the ID Center will not be encoded with residence hall access, dining plans, or flex balances.